How to disable secure boot on Windows 8 & 8.1.
- First you need to Hold down the shift key and select "power" and "restart" whilst keeping the shift key held down.
- After reboot a screen similar to the one above will appear.
- Clck on UEFI Firmware Settings.
- At this point you will be taken into the UEFI settings for your make of computer and we can't write instructions for each make and model therefore check manufacturers website and type in make and model and search for UEFI settings.
- When you are in the UEFI settings you are looking for the option that says something like "Secure boot" with the value set to "Enabled" and you want to set that option to "disabled".
- Also, “legacy boot option” should be enabled.