Windows lets you shrink the Windows partition (or indeed any other partition on the disk).
- Press “Windows key”+ “R”.
- “Run” box would come up on the screen.
- Type “diskmgmt.msc” and click on Ok.
- Right click on “C” drive
- Click on “Shrink Volume”.
- Multiply the numbers of GB’s you wish to free up and reduce the total size of C drive by the amount you get after multiplication. (1 GB = 1024 MB)
- Then click on “Shrink”.
- You may either create a new partition with freed-up space by “right clicking” on free space and selecting “New partition”. Follow prompts thereafter.
- You may also extend other partition by Right clicking on that partition and click on “Extend partition”